4/15/2015

A New Tradition?

For those of you who have been following me for a while (or who actually know me in real life), you know that I always find a way to spend time with/support my best friends. Last Saturday, Em and I went to see Theatre Geek portray Lord Farquaad in Shrek The Musical, put on by Desert Stages Theatre.



Now I have never watched the musical on Netflix (though many people have sworn they would eventually get me to do so), but I love the movie. When I was younger, I made my parents buy the VHS tape. It's weird to think that VHS tapes are now dated references - I'm starting to feel old!

It's starting to seem like a new tradition is forming - Theatre Geek lands a role in an awesome musical and I drag Em along to watch the musical and surprise him (this time I remembered the flowers!). It makes me really happy to see my "big brother" do what he loves and I sincerely hope *fingers crossed* that this is just the beginning.

Shameless Plug: If you are in the Scottsdale area, or will be in the Scottsdale area, any weekend between now and May 10th, you can go see this awesome musical! The cast is really energetic and fun to watch - if you go, you'll be in for quite the treat!

Normally, I wouldn't post pictures from the performance, but his costume was just too funny (with the wig, I hardly recognized him at first!), some of the pictures turned out really well, and I really want to encourage any of you who can go to go see it! Enjoy some of these funny candids I got of him!




After the show, I took Em for her first time at Cane's and admittedly I slightly embarrassed her by getting someone to take our picture because we hadn't been able to take one at the theatre (bad lighting!).



Have you been out to a theatre lately? What have some of your favorite performances been?

xx
Catch you next time.

5 comments

  1. I love going to the theatre but admittedly I don't go enough. Last I saw was Phantom of the Opera! If Shrek: The Musical ever comes to FL, I'l be certain to buy tickets!

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that was so sweet of you! It looks like it was a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lion King is actually here in Cincinnati for a while and I'm dying to go see it! This is such a fun way to support friends!

    Carly June { Cinci Prep }

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this looks like so much fun! I absolutely love Newsies. I also LOVE Canes. The SAUCE.

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a blast! I love theater, and this would've been a great one to attend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.